Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New cookbooks!

I'm a cookbook addict. I'll be the first to admit it. I like sort of wacky cookbooks. I'm a sucker for cookbooks based on actual books.

I've had the Roald Dahl cookbooks sitting on my shelf forever, tho, I've never actually made anything out of them. I have that on my to do list this summer. Read a story and make a recipe.

Yesterday, the Green Eggs and Ham cookbook arrived and i'm happy to say the recipes look at lot more kid/parent friendly than some of the other cookbooks we've come across. I'm anxious to try some of the recipes. There's a peanut butter pancake recipe that looks ultra yummy. Sadly we won't be able to make the recipe for Green Eggs and Ham as written since the eggs are made green by avocados and those are big no-no for those with latex allergies. I bet I can whip up some yummy green eggs by adding basil instead. . .

No comments: